Hello from Evansville, Indiana

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mister A

Hello from Evansville, Indiana

Post by Mister A »

Hello all. My name is Allen D. Tate and I live in Evansville, Indiana. I have dabbled with Linux off an on since 1995. I am a musician & DJ. Recently, I found Mint 13 (x64) and decided to give it a go on my triple boot system. So far, everything I've thrown at it has worked with little or no tinkering on my part. I've decided to start up a music podcast based on a Live365 radio station I ran from 1998 until 2004. I've found that IDJC can connect to the SHOUTcast servers and I can do my voice-over work in Ardour so I am very VERY happy with this outcome. Over this coming weekend, I intend to do a fresh installation of Mint 13 and will reduce my system from a triple boot system (2 Linux, 1 Win7) back to a dual boot system.

Mucho MUCHO thanks to those who have made Mint. I look forward to participating in this excellent community. :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
igor83

Re: Hello from Evansville, Indiana

Post by igor83 »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint. It is a wonderful world indeed. Sounds like you're having a good time with the distro. Which flavor did you choose? Version 13 has several flavors available. I went with Mate to start off, but then drifted into Xubuntu somehow, but I haven't forgotten about Linux Mint, and plan to use it again on another box. Also, I simply prefer the Linux Mint forums because they have a better design than the Ubuntu forums. That is what originally pulled me into the world of Linux Mint. The web site just looks so awesome. I mean honestly. Have you ever seen a better looking forum? Maybe I just like the color green, I don't know. But it works for me.

I don't envy the devs because Unity really pulled a number on them, necessitating the development of two new flavors. Seems to me like before Unity, the task for LM was relatively straight-forward, but after Unity, there is the necessity to do all this additional coding, all this additional work. But on the plus side, who is # 1 on distrowatch.com? Why, Linux Mint, of course! So I guess it all evens out in the end. I don't know why Microsoft and Ubuntu think that we want our desktop to look like a mobile phone, but oh well, thank goodness there are options available to the end user in the wonderful world of Linux. Touch-screens, indeed.

For my next Linux Mint install I will probably go with either Cinnamon or Xfce, I haven't decided yet.
Mister A

Post by Mister A »

I chose the Mate flavor. I like the way the menu looks. Winning!
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to Mint :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”