Move gPodder folder

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Move gPodder folder

Post by gibbs1984 »

I really like the gPodder app but it places the gPodder folder in /home but I like to keep this as clean as possible so is there a way to move this folder to say Documents and still use it from there.

I've tried to move the folder but when I go back to the app it doesn't see any of my settings/downloads etc.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Move gPodder folder

Post by kyphi »

How to change the destination folder from its default is described here:

http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/User_Manua ... references
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

Yeah I have seen that Wiki but that seems to relate to gPodder 2.x.x whereas I'm on 3.2.0 and from what I can find out it looks like they removed the .config file in 3.x.x where I could have changed these settings, can't see any options anywhere.

Also, that only seems to change the Downloads sections but how do you move the settings aswell?
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

After looking at the website for gPodder it would seem that there have been some version changes, as you pointed out. Basically I would think that you need to re-specify a path statement to point the download destination to wherever you want it.
You might get more useful information if you ask your question on #gpodder on irc.freenode.net, the gPodder Wiki or the gPodder mailing list.
Good luck.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

kyphi wrote:After looking at the website for gPodder it would seem that there have been some version changes, as you pointed out. Basically I would think that you need to re-specify a path statement to point the download destination to wherever you want it.
You might get more useful information if you ask your question on #gpodder on irc.freenode.net, the gPodder Wiki or the gPodder mailing list.
Good luck.
Thanks for your reply :)

I did visit their website but couldn't find a forum but I'll try the other methods you suggested, thanks :)

Return to “Software & Applications”