My 2013 Tech Predictions

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

My 2013 Tech Predictions

Post by KBD47 »

Just for fun, my tech predictions. As you see I think Mint will have a good year:
http://kbd-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.com ... -2013.html
What are some of your predictions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: My 2013 Tech Predictions

Post by exploder »

I think that Ubuntu will make it commercially because of game developers interest. Linux Mint will gain even more popularity with people that want a traditional desktop and Cinnamon will continue to be refined. Gnome Shell will take on more of what the users actually want but will continue to struggle for a while. More of the old familiar distros will be discontinued because they can not compete with the larger funded distros new features.

Just my opinions and not to be taken too seriously. :)
Z-Xylon

Post by Z-Xylon »

Linux will start to overtake Apple in terms of market share because of the popularity of Android and because of all the people running away from Windows 8.
The Gnome-devs will finally start to actually listen to people and add functionality which makes them happy. That, or Gnome dies out. LXDE will get overtaken by a WM like Enlightenment.
Ubuntu will have transformed in to Microsoft-2 by the end of the year, while somewhere random in the Pacific, someone will create the ultimate computer which runs on water and then use it to hack in to the Earth's Inner Computer.

Oh, and Microsoft will get attacked by Siri.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

exploder wrote:I think that Ubuntu will make it commercially because of game developers interest. Linux Mint will gain even more popularity with people that want a traditional desktop and Cinnamon will continue to be refined. Gnome Shell will take on more of what the users actually want but will continue to struggle for a while. More of the old familiar distros will be discontinued because they can not compete with the larger funded distros new features.

Just my opinions and not to be taken too seriously. :)
I am very interested to see what gaming does for Ubuntu and Mint as well.
I agree some distros are going to disappear, I suspect some smaller distros will fall by the wayside next year.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

Z-Xylon wrote:Linux will start to overtake Apple in terms of market share because of the popularity of Android and because of all the people running away from Windows 8.
The Gnome-devs will finally start to actually listen to people and add functionality which makes them happy. That, or Gnome dies out. LXDE will get overtaken by a WM like Enlightenment.
Ubuntu will have transformed in to Microsoft-2 by the end of the year, while somewhere random in the Pacific, someone will create the ultimate computer which runs on water and then use it to hack in to the Earth's Inner Computer.

Oh, and Microsoft will get attacked by Siri.
Yes, Siri will likely lead the machines in a revolt against mankind in 2013 :lol:

Return to “Open Chat”