SOLVED Nadia backports available in Linux Mint 13

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gothiccard

SOLVED Nadia backports available in Linux Mint 13

Post by gothiccard »

Hi I have done the Nadia backports available in Linux Mint 13.

Now when I log in from switching the computer on I get none of the links (short cuts) that I have put on the main screen.

If I log out and log back in all the links (shor cuts) are there.

Is there a fix for this?

I did try adding pictures, but most have done something wrong.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Nadia backports available in Linux Mint 13

Post by exploder »

Try removing Nautilus and things should be normal again. The updates bring in Nemo and it replaces Nautilus as the file manager.
gothiccard

Post by gothiccard »

Thank you for reply, I would not know how to do this, as I am new to Linux. This is why I trying it through the Mint4Windows install.

What I will add, I just signed in to Mint 13 to see reply, and everything work fine this time.
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

Open Synaptic Package Manager and remove Nautilus. It's in the Administration section of the menu on Mint 13.

If you want to keep your windows install how it sits, and you really want to try Mint, you could try installing Mint in a virtual environment like Virtualbox. Then you can install it exactly as you would with a normal install, you don't lose or change anything, and you can make backups to test things out. You can play with it and learn to your heart's content, and when you break something your unbroken system is just a few clicks away.
gothiccard

Post by gothiccard »

Thank you for both bits of info.

Return to “Installation & Boot”