Cannot install ubuntuone (SOLVED)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Emegra
Level 3
Level 3

Cannot install ubuntuone (SOLVED)

Post by Emegra »

Hi everyone
I'm having problems trying to install ubuntuone I've tried it through synaptic, software manager and via terminal (apt-get install) it will appear to install ok but after installation I can't find it anywhere in the menu, when i type ubuntuone at the terminal I'm told command not found, I've tried installing all the packages pertaining to ubuntuone in synaptic but no success, in addition to that problem I also have a problem with the update manager, when running update I get this message,

"Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/screenlets/ppa ... ce/Sources 404 Not Found
Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/screenlets/ppa ... 6/Packages 404 Not Found
Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead."

I don't know if these 2 problems are connected but I thought I would mention it in case it was

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Graeme
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Cannot install ubuntuone

Post by 67GTA »

I'm not sure what is different with the package in the repos vs the one in this guide, but you could try it. (I don't use ubuntuone) http://www.noobslab.com/2012/11/install ... -mint.html The ppa error you are getting is because that ppa doesn't have a quantal version. It stops at precise. If you are using Mint 14, you need a quantal repo. If you change the "quantal" in the ppa to "precise", it may work, but it might also break your system with mixmatched packages. Try googling for a screenlets ppa for quantal/12.10.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Emegra
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Emegra »

Hi 67GTA

Thanks for your reply

I followed the instructions for Mint 14 nadia and still no joy when I get to the last command this is the result

Code: Select all

graeme@Linux1 ~ $ ubuntuone-control-panel
ubuntuone-control-panel: command not found
graeme@Linux1 ~ $ 
It's like my system just doesn't want to know ununtuone no matter what I do

Many thanks

Grt
aeme
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

Try running

Code: Select all

ubuntuone-control-panel-qt
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Emegra
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Emegra »

Hi again

That sorted it thank you, What I don't understand is I had already installed ubuntuone-control-panel-qt from synaptic and it didn't show up in the menu and since running from the terminal it is showing, anyway the important thing is it's working.

Many thanks

Graeme
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Cannot install ubuntuone (SOLVED)

Post by 67GTA »

I don't think it has a dedicated gui/menu entry. It only has a gnome control center entry that points to ubuntuone-control-panel-qt.

Return to “Software & Applications”