Linux Mint Nadia installation in Asus EeePC 1011CX

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jjcmmgb
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint Nadia installation in Asus EeePC 1011CX

Post by jjcmmgb »

Dear All

I've recently bougth a Asus EeePC 1011CX netbook that comes with Win 7 starter. I've read a lot about CedarView graphics issues in Linux so my question is very simple, can I install Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) in my Asus EeePC 1011CX netbook and make it work out-of-the-box? I mean without any additional fine tuning tasks.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjcmmgb
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint Nadia installation in Asus EeePC 1011CX

Post by jjcmmgb »

Sorry, I forgot to mention if Nadia will provide also HDMI compatibility and I would be able to connect my Asus EeePC 1011CX netbook to my LED TV to see and hear whatever internet's contents.
Thanks
mank_in

Re: Linux Mint Nadia installation in Asus EeePC 1011CX

Post by mank_in »

I am didn't have cedarview netbook, but i read GMA3600 didn't boot to ubuntu 12.10 ( Mint 14 parent), LM14 ISO will boot to live environment but not LM14.1 ISO . I think you should try LM13 MATE/XFCE
see this post : http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=118544

see : http://edzeame.wordpress.com/2012/11/21 ... cedarview/
for enable 3D acceleration

Return to “Beginner Questions”