printer occupied

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tbrownarcher2

printer occupied

Post by tbrownarcher2 »

My printer an HP Officejet 8600 pro, is not accepting jobs ... I think because it's occupied with several ofher jobs.

this is in linux mint13 cinnamon on a lenovo pc.

I'm not sure what jobs it's waiting to print nor do i care other than to end those jobs and get the new one started. Does anyone know how to get this done including the canceling of the older jobs?

Thanks,
Nate
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tbrownarcher2

Re: printer occupied

Post by tbrownarcher2 »

in windows there is a printer control window i can't remember what it's called but there is an option to kill all waiting jobs.

I can find nothing like that in the linux system. Does anyone know of a way to find out what jobs there are waiting and to accept them or kill them.

And also how do I find out why they are not already printed ?

thanks,
Nate
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

how to view printer queue..................

Post by pdc_2 »

.........in a terminal....................
system-config-printer
.....opens the Printing dialogue box

.........also accessible from MENU (bottom left) ...............Administration......................Printing...................................

....menu bar at top........2 along............Printer..........go to bottom option ................view printer queue..............as in thumbnail below.....................

if you want more help, perhaps tell folks a little about your system: ie standalone home computer............connected to printer by usb cable ????????///
tbrownarcher2

Post by tbrownarcher2 »

wirelessly connnected printer for 6 home computers .... 3 desktops running windows xp windows 7 dual booting with LM 14 ; a laptop running LM 14 and win7 ; some sort of tablet running android. and a telephone LG running android.
if you want more help, perhaps tell folks a little about your system: ie standalone home computer............connected to printer by usb cable ????????///
This was incredible help. Thanks. I haave never seen or found this assistance before you said it 's in the menu??? ... Can you tell me where that may help me with a bunch of things ....

Thanks,
Nate
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

This was incredible help. Thanks
.thank you very much; pleased to be able to help.
I haave never seen or found this assistance before you said it 's in the menu??? ... Can you tell me where that may help me with a bunch of things ....
..............I'm sorry.............. I don't understand what you mean here.............can you tell me again please
tbrownarcher2

Post by tbrownarcher2 »

Pdc:
You said it's in the menu what menu the menu at the bottom left .... whwere is it in the menu?

Thanks,
Nate
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

locating menu option in GUI

Post by pdc_2 »

please see thumbnail: I use Mate Mint................perhaps other versions of Mint have the Menu option in another corner?

Return to “Printers & Scanners”