Checking version number

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sly

Checking version number

Post by sly »

I installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon and then see that 14.1 is out. So I did as I read just do the updates in Update Manager, so I did. I looked under system information and it show 14 under operating system. Am I suppose to see 14.1 or does it just still say 14. How do I make sure I have 14.1, where would I see that version number. All I see is 14 in several places. I have done all the updates in Update Manager. Thanks sly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Checking version number

Post by karlchen »

Hello, sly.

As the release notes for Mint 14.1 state: if you have started with Mint 14 and installed all available updates then your system will have the same state as 14.1.
I do not know whether the Mint makers have bothered to update the displayed version strings, but it is worth a try. Launch a terminal session and execute

Code: Select all

lsb_release -a
Kind regards,
Karl
--
Corrected the spelling of lsb_release, with an underscore, not a dash.
Last edited by karlchen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
sly

Post by sly »

I opened a terminal and typed lsb-release -a and it did not work but found by making the dash a underscore I believe you call it between lsb and release, lsb_release -a, it worked. It shows only 14 not 14.1 . So I guess as you say they have not bothered with this. Thanks for helping. I guess I am ok and have 14.1 .
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Sorry, the command is

Code: Select all

lsb_release -a
My fault. :oops:
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Software & Applications”