Apps not running unless opened as root

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Apps not running unless opened as root

Postby jeveleth3 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 am

(I am running Linux Mint cinnamon 14)Ive been having this problem with two of my apps called "Gnome-Pie" and "Netflix Desktop" if I click on the Netflix Desktop app it just shows a loading icon for my pointer and then goes away and nothing happens, if I click the Gnome-Pie app my comp just makes a wierd noise like it is trying to load it but nothing happens too. If I right-click these apps and choose "Open as root" they start up with no problem. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? Or if there is a script to open the Netflix Desktop app as root automatically and if possible put in my password automatically too? So it just starts right up? The thing with the Gnome-Pie app is that I can't settle for running it as root because it causes everything that I open in it to also run as root and it doesnt have any of my settings or preferences in it if I open it as root compared to regularly running it. I found a workaround for Gnome-Pie but it required me to find my old settings before this bug started happening and open them from there. Ill show you the difference in running Gnome-Pie as terminal and regular. Also since Gnome-Pie only runs in terminal and if I find the old preferences file, it wont run automatically when I log in.
Differences
Default/Regular:Image
Root:Image Image

Netflix and Gnome-pie.png
Netflix and Gnome-pie.png (54.93 KiB) Viewed 199 times
jeveleth3
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Software & Applications