Stuck in Mint-X Window Border Mode in MAYA MATE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimwg

Stuck in Mint-X Window Border Mode in MAYA MATE

Post by jimwg »

Greetings!

Subject line says it all. While exploring Compiz's features in Maya MATE, I shifted into Mint-X windows look mode and can't switch out. On boot-up I also receive an alert:

"Menu Windows cannot start the preferences application for your window manager. "Compiz" has not registered a configuration tool."

I'm getting conflicting advice about renaming or deleting a "Marco" file and changing Compiz feature preferences so I'm just going to rely on those mint sages here so this non-techie doesn't totally screw anything else up. I am funneling to mint blogs all the issues my home school has with their Linux machines since our conversion from XP early this year, so any recommendations you give is a real education!

Thanks!

Jim in NYC
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AJ1000

Re: Stuck in Mint-X Window Border Mode in MAYA MATE

Post by AJ1000 »

Install ubuntu tweak. In ubuntu tweak, go to tweaks, themes and you will be able to change it.
jimwg

Post by jimwg »

AJ1000 wrote:Install ubuntu tweak. In ubuntu tweak, go to tweaks, themes and you will be able to change it.
Thanks a trillion!

You know, the Mint guys do an AMAZING job that'll always make me homage their sweat and talent -- and why I converted my home school to Mint from Macs, but I just don't understand why one (especially clueless non-techies like me) have to treasure hunt out techie-type programs like tweak to fix a problem that ought to have been remedied in main control panels before. I mean, you attract more newbies to Mint/Linux by being more user-friendly, but this..Not trying to sound ungrateful at all, just -- quizzical.

Thanks again!

Jim in NYC
jimwg

Post by jimwg »

Unfortunately the latest Ubuntu Tweaks doesn't work for me in Nadia MATE. :(

Jim in NYC
MaskedMarauder

Post by MaskedMarauder »

jimwg wrote:Unfortunately the latest Ubuntu Tweaks doesn't work for me in Nadia MATE. :(

Jim in NYC
Ahmen. From the synaptic package wrangler's inability to load ubuntu tweak:
Package ubuntu-tweak has no available version, but exists in the database. ... This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents of sources.list
Innovation is great, but a little standardization here and there doesn't hurt either.
jimwg

Post by jimwg »

MaskedMarauder wrote:
jimwg wrote:Unfortunately the latest Ubuntu Tweaks doesn't work for me in Nadia MATE. :(

Jim in NYC
Ahmen. From the synaptic package wrangler's inability to load ubuntu tweak:
Package ubuntu-tweak has no available version, but exists in the database. ... This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents of sources.list
Innovation is great, but a little standardization here and there doesn't hurt either.
Got around it by using Gnome Tweak Tools! You were a great lead! Thanks!

Jim in NYC

Return to “MATE”