Desktop user to sudo

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xxloligamerxx

Desktop user to sudo

Post by xxloligamerxx »

Hello.. i just lost my password of my account i am now using my son's account in linux is there anyway to get my password back or something? i cant format the computer because i have important files..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Desktop user to sudo

Post by xenopeek »

If you don't have an encrypted home directory (something you would have enabled during installation specifically), you can recover your password even if you don't recall the root password either. See here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 87#p621487
xxloligamerxx wrote:i cant format the computer because i have important files..
Hard disks and other devices can and do fail unexpectedly, and fatally. Please make regular backups of important files! Also consider disasters that could occur in your home and to protect against theft, or water, electrical, or fire damage, store a backup off-site.

Return to “Other topics”