[Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tombe

[Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

Post by Tombe »

Hey, I'm installing linux mint alongside windows, but I got stuck at this screen:
I can't figure out which side of the slider will be the windows partition and which side mint will be installed on.

Also I feel like this is really clear to everyone, I was wondering what I missed :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tombe

Re: Ambigous partition size divider

Post by Tombe »

Well by trial and error I've determined that the right one is the one that will get linux on it.
moosey

Re: [Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

Post by moosey »

Although this is problem marked as "Solved" I believe that it is still an open issue. I had exactly the same problem installing Mint 13 Maya. There is no indication as to which side of the slider is which. This is a serious bug that is a real put-off for people who would like to migrate from Windows to Linux. First impressions are really important, and to me I found it a real pain that this was not evident from the screen or in the documentation. This really needs to be addressed.

My thoughts,

Peter
chronei

Post by chronei »

Bump as I had the same issue. If I was knew to this, I'd quit right off the bat.
srs5694
Level 6
Level 6

Post by srs5694 »

Posting here about a problem that requires changes in the code most likely won't do anything. I recommend you report it as a bug to the developers:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint

Return to “Beginner Questions”