Linux Mint 11: random blank screen

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
band_master

Linux Mint 11: random blank screen

Post by band_master »

hi guys,
Linux newbie here. was given an old-ish Dell Latitude e6510 laptop, a copy of Linux Mint 11, and am trying to get a media server going. I was able to install Subsonic and for a while was happily listening to tunes at work from my home machine. I setup the power management so that when the lid is closed and A/C power is connected it goes to blank screen so that I can still access the machine remotely. Lately, though, the machine will suddenly go offline. when i get back home i open the lid and discover that the screen is blank, the wifi is disabled, and the machine does not respond to mouse or keyboard activity. I end up having to hard reboot. this happens on a daily basis.

any ideas/tips? having to physically be in front of the machine to reboot negates the whole purpose of setting up the media server with remote access. Thanks!!!

BD
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Linux Mint 11: random blank screen

Post by remoulder »

Mint 11 is now obsolete, please consider upgrading to a newer version.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
manit

Re: Linux Mint 11: random blank screen

Post by manit »

mint 14 random blank screen when reboot? 32bit and 64 bit the same black display :evil:

Return to “Beginner Questions”