delayed action seems resources are being taken

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tbrownarcher2

delayed action seems resources are being taken

Post by tbrownarcher2 »

I'm using a dell dimension 3000 here with a gig of memory it's running a linksys wusb54 gc usb network adapter that works with all the linux and windows systems I've used it on.

Every action i make including mouse clicks and key strikes are delayed (I have messed with the settings for the mouse and the keyboard and it don't help) . It's maddening. When in windows it's a symptom of having been infected with addaware and other stuff I don't wish to deal with . that is one of the reasons i came over here to linux. I have several other systems that run just fine with LM13 but this is the only one I have with LM14.

I was thinking there should be a display somewhere that would tell me what is running and using the resources but I'm not familiar enough to find it. Appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Nate
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tbrownarcher2

Re: delayed action seems resources are being taken

Post by tbrownarcher2 »

I went to system moniter and discovered under resources that the CPU is running @ 100% almost continuously. I have no idea why . I would like to post that display here but I have either forgotten how or never knew ....

Thanks,

Nate
tbrownarcher2

Post by tbrownarcher2 »

I discovered tonight that when I'm typing into the user name and password fields on boot there is no delay in the typing. it only starts when it's booted . I sure could use some help
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

First guess is Video! more times than not. What's your Video chip setup?
And you only have 1gig of ram? Can also slow things down.

As my boot up default system takes like 700-800mb as have a couple of extra applets running as well as a Screenlet and conky. And having only .5 gb of free ram is not optimal for running many apps. But laggy mouse and keyboard keeps me coming back to incompatible video driver. Could be wrong and am no expert.

And sure other's will chime in that are light-years ahead of me in linux things.

Return to “Hardware Support”