TRANSFERING FILES FROM FOLDER TO FOLDER

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ponchuk
Level 1
Level 1

TRANSFERING FILES FROM FOLDER TO FOLDER

Post by ponchuk »

When I try to transfer a doc from one folder to the next I put the cursor onto the doc and "copy to" and what it show are only "desktop" and "home folder". It does not show any sub folders in the home folder or desktop. How can you make mint 13 maya show the sub folders so that I can copy to a specific folder. Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phrosztbyte

Re: TRANSFERING FILES FROM FOLDER TO FOLDER

Post by phrosztbyte »

An easy way to transfer a folder (or file) from one folder to another is to select it, press CTRL+C (for copy) or CTRL+X (for moving it) and then after navigating to the folder you want it copied to press CTRL+V. You can also drag and drop the folder to another folder by clicking on the folder and while holding down the mouse button move the cursor over the folder you want to copy it to, then release :)

If you want to copy a folder to a different folder outside of your home directory you need root privileges. You can use the sudo utility from a terminal or gksu from the desktop to gain them. Press CTRL+F2 and type gksu nautilus (or use whatever the name of the file browser is) then enter the password :)
ponchuk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: TRANSFERING FILES FROM FOLDER TO FOLDER

Post by ponchuk »

thats what i have been doing, except when you go to the desktop , you just see desktop not any of the subfolden that you can just paste in or drag and drop

Return to “Beginner Questions”