Record My Desktop No Audio

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Record My Desktop No Audio

Postby ecoalex on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Mint 11
In 2011 I posted this,and tried all suggestions still no internal sound.I can get audio from an external source (mic) for video audio,but the quality is poor.If I can have external audio,why not internal,when I have the input internal analog audio? I have 2 audio mixers installed;Kmix as well as ALSA, could there be a conflict? I have tried all audio settings including inputs, Thanks example:

ecoalex
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Record My Desktop No Audio

Postby My2CentsWorth on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm

I use Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon with the desktop recording software Kazam Screencaster. I found I had to in my case change the Audio Source from > Build-in Audio Analog Stereo to > Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo. I bumped the frame rate to 30 and played with the volume controls running a number of 20 second test recordings of regional space over youtube videos until I got it exactly how I wanted. Not sure if this helps you, just stating my personal expierience with it.
-Mark
My2CentsWorth
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ecoalex on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks for the info.I cannot get Mint 14 cinnamon to work due to a graphics driver problem. I have that posted in the install forum.Until that is resolved,installing mint 14 is not an option.
ecoalex
Level 2
Level 2

Postby zeddock on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Mint 14 does not seem to have the option to record the audio. I suspect mostly due to the input connections.

I have tried pavucontrol and loading the gui front end of recordmydesktop. But I have had no success.

Other than this, I am quite happy with Mint 14.
zeddock
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications