Boot Apple TV with Mint XFCE 13

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Boot Apple TV with Mint XFCE 13

Postby markosjal on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm

I did an install of Linux Mint on my pc to attempt to move it to an apple TV . The Apple TV bootloader would be a bot of a problem to boot to CD . I installed the NVidia drivers for the Go7300 in the Apple TV on the PC and attempted to move the USB disk over to the Apple TV to boot it. I get Xorg errors and MDM, I think the main issue is the login screen as I can login from the purely text prompt after bypassing the X erros and the startx manually and xfce loads, however the goal is to get XBMC running here . Later whan I log out of the session I get a distorted login page . Many of the errors in X seemed to say things like Mode 1280x720 identified by monitor but not in scanning rage of H or V sync. I read somewhere about kernel bugs and updated the kernel with the same result.

INterestingly enough it is the SAME procedure and same hardware that I used with XBMCBuntu beta based on Ubuntu 12.04 as well and it worked fine. I wanted to see how the performance might be on the ATV with Mint 13.

I suppose this might get the attention of the guys that have been looking for Mint for Apple TV 1 on my web site
markosjal
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot