Installing LinuxMint Maya Cinnamon 32 bit problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gargamel

Installing LinuxMint Maya Cinnamon 32 bit problem

Post by gargamel »

Hi.
I have trouble with installing Linux Mint Maya Cinnamon 32 bit.

Configuration:

MBO: MSI 815EPT PRO ver 5
CPU: Intel P III 1.1 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
HDD: PATA 80 GB
GRAPHIC: Matrox G540

After setup data for screen „Who Are You?“ I press next button, then window “Welcome to Linux Mint” appears and installation after 10-15 sec. exits.

On this PC I had have Ubuntu 12.04 installed before and everything worked just fine.

I try:

- Download another ISO image of LinuxMint Maya Cinnamon 32 bit and burn another DVD
- Replace HDD
- Replace RAM

Always the same thing – installation exits after I press next on last window in setup „Who You Are?“

Please help me to solve this problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Installing LinuxMint Maya Cinnamon 32 bit problem

Post by karlchen »

Hello, gargamel.

Maybe Matt's advice to remove ubiquity-slideshow-mint in the live session before actually launching the installation will help. ubiquity-slideshow-mint has prevented a number of users from installing till they finally (temporarily) removed it from the live session and only afterwards launched the installation.

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
gargamel

Re: Installing LinuxMint Maya Cinnamon 32 bit problem

Post by gargamel »

Great!!!
Finally I manage to install Mint.

thanks

Return to “Installation & Boot”