Problems with HRT Headstreamer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Murvel

Problems with HRT Headstreamer

Post by Murvel »

Hi there.
I'm a new linux user and I've gotten through all problems I've encountered so far due to googling my ass off. There is however one issue that I still haven't found any answer to.
I have a HRT Headstreamer USB headphone amp/DAC and the volume is really low. There seems to be loads of ways to deal with low volume BUT my problem is that it's low all the way up to 100% volume. Then it gets extremely loud. So one last click to increase the volume on the keyboard turns it up from like 20% to 100%. It's like the increments in wich the volume is increased is very low and then all of the sudden the Headstreamer get a signal to send out full blast once it reaches 100% on the mixer.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oscarito

Re: Problems with HRT Headstreamer

Post by oscarito »

Perhaps using additional software to control the volume? http://linux.about.com/od/linux101/a/desktop06b.htm
I am fairly new to Linux myself, but I can imagine that trying a different sound card driver may halp as well.
Hope this helps!

Return to “Sound”