itunes without Windows?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

itunes without Windows?

Post by riki »

I am running Maya 13 Mate 1.4.2. Is it possible to install iTunes without Wine? I no longer have Windows on any machine but would like to have access to iTunes for my iPad. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to install Playonlinux using instructions from http://www.techlw.com/2012/03/install-i ... ux-on.html Am I wasting my time? Help appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: itunes without Windows?

Post by OldManHook »

riki wrote:I am running Maya 13 Mate 1.4.2. Is it possible to install iTunes without Wine? I no longer have Windows on any machine but would like to have access to iTunes for my iPad. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to install Playonlinux using instructions from http://www.techlw.com/2012/03/install-i ... ux-on.html Am I wasting my time? Help appreciated.
No :( There is no I-Tunes For Linux :( I-tunes does not run well on Wine...Have Not tried POL :) Have you tried GTK Pod?..Banshee seem to be getting better With the I-Stuff :) Good Luck
wavespot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wavespot »

I'm on the same situation as you, I gave up trying to manage my iphone and ipad on linux, even with wine.

Too much dabase corruptions, too much limitations.... Too much complicated.

After many tests, I used a Windows XP virtual machine (on Virtual box) for a while. It was OK despites Window's unstability.

Now I use a MacOS virtual machine under VMWare workstation. That's fine also, but VMWare Workstation is not free, actually it cost a lot, I don't really recommand you unless you need it for business.

I think my next phone and tablet will be android based, I'll get rid of itunes for ever then :)
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

OldManHook wrote:
riki wrote:I am running Maya 13 Mate 1.4.2. Is it possible to install iTunes without Wine? I no longer have Windows on any machine but would like to have access to iTunes for my iPad. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to install Playonlinux using instructions from http://www.techlw.com/2012/03/install-i ... ux-on.html Am I wasting my time? Help appreciated.
No :( There is no I-Tunes For Linux :( I-tunes does not run well on Wine...Have Not tried POL :) Have you tried GTK Pod?..Banshee seem to be getting better With the I-Stuff :) Good Luck
Thanks OldManHook. I get the message! From what I have read so far it's not worth the bother.
Last edited by riki on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

wavespot wrote:I'm on the same situation as you, I gave up trying to manage my iphone and ipad on linux, even with wine.

Too much dabase corruptions, too much limitations.... Too much complicated.

After many tests, I used a Windows XP virtual machine (on Virtual box) for a while. It was OK despites Window's unstability.

Now I use a MacOS virtual machine under VMWare workstation. That's fine also, but VMWare Workstation is not free, actually it cost a lot, I don't really recommand you unless you need it for business.

I think my next phone and tablet will be android based, I'll get rid of itunes for ever then :)
Thanks for your help wavespot. I agree with you, my next tablet will certainly not be from Apple. Too expensive, pushy to buy this that and the other (reminds me of Windows) and limited. Should have done more research before buying :( I fancy the latest Samsung...

Return to “Software & Applications”