mint 14 wirless password

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

mint 14 wirless password

Postby stephen13666 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 pm

hi, I'm new to linux and I am trying to get some use out of an old laptop. I have copies of windows 7 but I don't think this machine will run them. Its a hp laptop witk a pentium 4 2.53 ghz processer and it says 412 mib of ram. I created a linux mint 14 32 bit live cd and it booted it. it seems to run fine except when i try to access my wireless router. My modem from wow acts as a wireless router as well and it shows up in the list i can connect to. But the router i actually use has a hidden ssid. So i type it in, select the encryption( which is wpa2), and it asks for my key. I type in the correct key and it begins working like it is going to connect. then a box pops up asking for my key again. I type it in again, and this repeats over and over. I also tried removing the password and all encryption from the router but that didn't work either. Are there any suggestions for a newb at this?
stephen13666
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mint 14 wirless password

Postby woccatozmmm on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 am

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation with Mint Maya 13 running wicd. There's a page that describes the problem https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wicd/+bug/540070 and if you're the person to dive in there and sort it, then let me know!
woccatozmmm
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Wireless