Fast Switch between GUI's?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
huckstah

Fast Switch between GUI's?

Post by huckstah »

Switching GUI's?

Hey guys, after playing around with Ubuntu for a few weeks, I'm really wanting to try out Linux Mint. I understand that there are few desktop environments for Mint (KDE, Gnome, XFCE, etc...), but I'm curious if theres a way to install all three desktops into just one edition of Linux Mint, and being able to conveniently switch between various desktops?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
theusername

Re: Fast Switch between GUI's?

Post by theusername »

I'd be looking into this too! hope someone can help
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Just installed Mint Cinnamon and running great.

Just open the software manager and search as I installed mate and gnome. Just search like Kde and their is a Kde-full that will install complete DE with appps. Same for Xfce just search mark for installation when done then log out present desktop and select which type of desktop you want to log back into.
huckstah

Post by huckstah »

So its as easy as going to software manager and searching for "mate" or "kde" and then installing it? And it gives you an option as to which desktop u want to use when logging in? Sounds too good to be true!
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep that simple logout and in change session will allow you to select and can even set it as default session that you may want to stick around with on reboots will go directly to KDE if that is your default session.
huckstah

Post by huckstah »

Wow, thanks! Well I guess this post is officially solved. Kudos!
theusername

Post by theusername »

If you don't want it anymore can you uninstall it from the software manager?

thanks

Return to “Beginner Questions”