ClamAV scan on Mint 14

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
justdhf

ClamAV scan on Mint 14

Post by justdhf »

I ran a scan on my Mint 14 using the ClamAV. I was confused on the 17,973 errors. What does that mean? Is it anything to be concerned about?
The computer was a Gateway desktop, 64 Bit and 64 Bit copy of Mint 14.

Thanks,
David
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: ClamAV scan on Mint 14

Post by caf4926 »

Depending how the scan is run, can be that it can't scan some files such as archives.
Nothing to worry about
You really don't need to use it unless you are scanning an infected windows partition
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
justdhf

Post by justdhf »

Thanks for the reply. I understand now. I have been using Linux for years but never fooled with a scan on other distros. That was my first so the errors confused me. Again Thanks.
justdhf

Post by justdhf »

Here is a link to how I ran the ClamAV. In case anyone is wondering what I did. It was an old link but it seemed to work. It did scan my computers.

http://www.reazul.net/how-to-use-clamav ... linuxmint/

After I had the program installed I used this command to run it sudo clamscan -r –bell -i /

I know this thread is solved but I felt like I needed to add how I ran the program in the first place.

Thanks,
David

PS... I have ran the Clamav in my Menu under Accessories now and it looks much better. I also updated the GUI version after this scan. Now I want worry about scanning. I was just curious to learn.

Return to “Other topics”