Install mint in Windows

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
luisalmeida

Install mint in Windows

Post by luisalmeida »

I installed linux mint using the intaller in windows that creates a usable instalation of mint like a windows application.

The thing I notice is that every time I login in my mint the configuration, data or applicatons I installed in previous use isen't there. Is a new instalation.

I use in the past this kind of installation on ubuntu and all went fine.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

L.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
luisalmeida

Re: Install mint in Windows

Post by luisalmeida »

I instaled it on Windows but now wen i reboot dont show the multiboot menu, opens windows directly.

Any ideas?
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Did you change the grub installation options?
luisalmeida

Post by luisalmeida »

I can't get to that point.

When I installed mint4win in the end the installer proponts to reboot, but insted of rebooting and show the dual boot options, iniciate directly windows.

I folow the sugestions presented on wubi gide but nothing hapensd.

Please sugest something.

Thanks

L.
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/20340/ho ... ootloader/.

It talks about Ubuntu and Wubi, but it will work the same way for Linux Mint and Mint4Win.
luisalmeida

Post by luisalmeida »

Thanks for the tip.

I folow the instructions but while booting it run all drives but not find grldr to boot.

"ERROR: Cannot find GRLDR in all devices."

You can see my configurations in the images attatch.

Can you please help-me?

Thaks

L.
luisalmeida

Post by luisalmeida »

I made ir work, folow some tips and copy the wubildr.mbr and others to root of D:.

If I understand, after I install for the first time mint4win, to get ir persistent I have to install the application on the desktop and dont change any options on the partition or boot.

Is that right?

In this case can I unnistall the same way the mint4win?

Thanks.

L.
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

luisalmeida wrote:If I understand, after I install for the first time mint4win, to get ir persistent I have to install the application on the desktop and dont change any options on the partition or boot.

Is that right?
Run the installer from the desktop and be sure to choose loop0 for both the target partitin and the grub destination.
luisalmeida wrote:In this case can I unnistall the same way the mint4win?
You can unistall mint4win the normal way you uninstall any windows program from the Programs and Features section of the Control Panel.

Return to “Installation & Boot”