google chrome question and problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sonicmixmaster

google chrome question and problem

Post by sonicmixmaster »

I have noticed that google chrome is not in the software manager list of applications. Isnt this the most popular and fastest browser out now? confused?
So i go directly to google and download and install chrome, sign in with my google account so all the settings and extensions self install and nothing. no extensions. I have done this on OSX, Windows 7, 8 and xp with no problems.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: google chrome question and problem

Post by bimsebasse »

Works here - what Mint do you use?

Chrome sort of is already in the repos, but as Chromium, the open source version of Chrome - it's exactly the same browser in pretty much everything.
sonicmixmaster

Post by sonicmixmaster »

the newest one from their site today. just installed the x64 version with mate desktop and did all updates.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Odd, works perfectly in the Cinnamon version, though account sync takes a bit longer than on Wndows.
sonicmixmaster

Post by sonicmixmaster »

ok i rebooted and got the same thing. im now in win 8 ill try again later. thanks.

Return to “Beginner Questions”