google chrome question and problem

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

google chrome question and problem

Postby sonicmixmaster on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:06 pm

I have noticed that google chrome is not in the software manager list of applications. Isnt this the most popular and fastest browser out now? confused?
So i go directly to google and download and install chrome, sign in with my google account so all the settings and extensions self install and nothing. no extensions. I have done this on OSX, Windows 7, 8 and xp with no problems.

Any ideas?
sonicmixmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: google chrome question and problem

Postby bimsebasse on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Works here - what Mint do you use?

Chrome sort of is already in the repos, but as Chromium, the open source version of Chrome - it's exactly the same browser in pretty much everything.
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Postby sonicmixmaster on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:28 pm

the newest one from their site today. just installed the x64 version with mate desktop and did all updates.
sonicmixmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bimsebasse on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Odd, works perfectly in the Cinnamon version, though account sync takes a bit longer than on Wndows.
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Postby sonicmixmaster on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 pm

ok i rebooted and got the same thing. im now in win 8 ill try again later. thanks.
sonicmixmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions