Switched from Ubuntu

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cbennett926

Switched from Ubuntu

Post by cbennett926 »

Hey all,

I am trying out Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon and I am switching from Ubuntu 12.10, what all can I expect different other than the obvious DE differences?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Switched from Ubuntu

Post by caf4926 »

More stability IMO
I never yet had a Mint install let me down
I can't say that for Ub*
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
cbennett926

Post by cbennett926 »

While I'm here,

How can I remove the header in firefox? It shows the title of the page I am on, which is already showed in the name of the tab, as well as the name of the window on the panel...

And, my system gets really hot just idling (55-70 C)
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

You can take the menu bar out with > View > Toolbars

Cinnamon uses fancy effects which may contribute to the heat
Run 'top' and see if anything is going crazy
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

How can I remove the header in firefox? It shows the title of the page I am on, which is already showed in the name of the tab, as well as the name of the window on the panel...
You can consider installing an add-ons.

Hide Caption Titlebar Plus 2.7.2
by DarthMadara
"Maximize your screen space by controlling the presence of Firefox window Title-bar (Caption) & borders!", to be like Chrome Browser. - Hide FF's caption with 'smart' options, *optional* custom caption & resizers. - Works with ChromiFox-like themes.
cbennett926

Post by cbennett926 »

Actually, I mean this part in the picture. Image
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

mine looks like this
cbennett926

Post by cbennett926 »

Hey I'm back,

So I finally found this and I love it! However, when using this addon double clicking the top does not maximize/minimize the window, and it appears I can not resize the window as well. Does anyone know how to change that?

EDIT:

Ok, so it turns out I can resize, however clicking the maximize button will minimize and you have to remaximize in order to have it come back up. I can also not double click to maximize/minimize still
cbennett926

Post by cbennett926 »

Ok, after messing with some settings I have to turn off "windows effects" which is no big deal. Now the only issue is being able to doulbe click to maximize when the window is open, but not maximized.

Return to “Beginner Questions”