How do you adjust the desktop icons

Forums for the Xfce Edition
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

How do you adjust the desktop icons

Postby jacatone on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm using LM 13 XFCE. How do you adjust the icon font color as well as the little retangular font background in this distrol? Thanks.
jacatone
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How do you adjust the desktop icons

Postby igor83 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 pm

In Xubuntu I believe it is a matter of clicking on the mouse, followed by Settings | Appearances. I can't check right at the moment because Clonezilla is working its magic on my Xubuntu box, but that's the ticket if memory serves. Click on settings and then click on either Appearances or Desktop, one of the two.
My desktop runs 64-bit Kubuntu 13.04, my htpc runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia Xfce, my answering machine runs 64-bit windows 7, and my laptop runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia KDE. Each seems suited to its purpose.
igor83
Level 4
Level 4

Postby jjaythomas on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 am

For what its worth...

Theirs a package avalliable (still in LMDEs) called 'mintconfig-xfce(? not in my lmde right now). But I don't think in the 'main'(ubuntu) version anymore. May be able to get from mint online package repo (was still in Mint9 Xfce version) or extract from old ISO(if have) Don't know if works in current (does in LMDE :) )

Has 1 click changing of bacgound/no backgrond box and to inverse (light/dark) font used. Also the manual way (CLI/terminal) way given in forums post.

JJay
(will update with link if find post)
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=102074&hilit=xfce+font+background
jjaythomas
Level 5
Level 5

Postby igor83 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:03 pm

A tutorial on changing the desktop font color in Linux Mint Xfce was posted recently in the Linux Mint Community.
My desktop runs 64-bit Kubuntu 13.04, my htpc runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia Xfce, my answering machine runs 64-bit windows 7, and my laptop runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia KDE. Each seems suited to its purpose.
igor83
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Xfce