Unable to mount (NAME) USB

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brianivander

Unable to mount (NAME) USB

Post by Brianivander »

I am not able to mount my USB and Harddisk in LM14 Cinnamon.
When I plug my USB or harddisk, it showed a message:

Unable to mount (Name) USB
Adding read ACL for uid 1000 to `/media/user' failed: Operation not supported

Can somebody help please? Thanks a lot!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephB1011

Re: Unable to mount (NAME) USB

Post by JosephB1011 »

I have the same problem since I installed LM 14.
Whenever I plug in a USB device, it gives me the error "Could not display "/media/user/..." The location is not a folder"
I know there's nothing wrong with my USB device, because if I use fdisk -l to find out which /dev/xxx it got assigned, I can successfully mount the USB device with mount /dev/xxx /media/USB1

Is there a proper solution to this serious inconvenience?
Thanks in advance
NIksoni91

Re: Unable to mount (NAME) USB

Post by NIksoni91 »

Help needed from Linux Gurus for the below mentioned queries :-

I am using the Linux from last 2 years and have'nt found any error in the previous versions of it. Now let me brief you the details. After I turn on my PC and click on the nikunj'shome icon from which we can enter to the drive listed in the PC, soon as I open that I get this error " Unable to mount Floppy Disk "Untitled.jpg.

Note this error comes always whever strart my PC for the first time. Not only this but when I insert a pen drive or a portable hard disk in PC and when I try to unmount the same it is not unmounted, it remains as mounted only.

Please note I have installed with all admin rights, as mentioned in earlier versions I did not have this problems.

I am trying to install MS office 2007, wine is installed in my PC, but I am unable to do that as when I try to install the Ms.Office. Kindly provide me the steps for the same.

When I go to a shared file of windows via samba I get connected to the networked PC but while unmount the same it doest not work, the network PC remains as mounted only.

So basically the main thing I need to sort out is for unmounting EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE , PEN DRIVE, and NETWORKED PC.

Also I would suggest you to install the linux mint14 32bit and 64bit and check the same from your side.

Look forward to hear from you.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Nikunj
Last edited by NIksoni91 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sxfield

Unable to mount any usb flash drive

Post by sxfield »

I have LM14 Nadia + Mate on a bootable usb stick (created with pendrive universal usb installer). Boots fine on my acer aspire one netbook. Seems to run well. However, when I plug in a usb flash drive, it fails to mount with the message:

Adding read ACL for uid 999 to `/media/mint' failed: Operation not supported

I have LM13 on another usb stick and it doesn't have any problems mounting a usb flash drive. What gives? Obviously, something changed between LM13 and LM14. I suppose it could be a Ubuntu 12.10 problem but I've searched there as well with no joy.

thx,
D

Return to “Storage”