Mint 14 auto-open mounted volumes :s

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ruipedrovpa

Mint 14 auto-open mounted volumes :s

Post by ruipedrovpa »

Hi,

After upgrade to Mint 14 from fresh installation, after reboot or start-up the notebook, the system auto-open in caja the volumes that is configured to mount.

So, i have 3 volumes to auto mount set in the installation OS menu, after restart/start-up pc it open 3 windows in caja. One for each mounted volume.

How, i can set the system to not open the mounted volumes in caja after reboot... ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sddfdds

Re: Mint 14 auto-open mounted volumes :s

Post by sddfdds »

Did you have any luck figuring this out? I'm having the same problem with nfs shares being auto-opened by nemo every time i boot...i managed to fix this in nautilus a while back but for the life of me I can't remember if it was a nautilus-specific option or something in dconf i can change that would also apply to nemo
sddfdds

Post by sddfdds »

figured it out...fire up dconf-editor and change org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount-open
OldSkibum
Level 1
Level 1

Post by OldSkibum »

Thank you sddfdds. Your solution worked for me, and I'm glad you found it. :D

I automount a half dozen Truecrypt volumes at once on Mint 14 Cinnamon to do my work, which was always blanketing my screen with Nemo windows.

Two notes: (a) I had to install dconf-tools from the Software Manager to get dconf-editor; and (b) after drilling down the org.gnome.desktop.media-handing tree, the comment for the automount-open option refers to Nautilus. Turning it off worked just as well for Nemo.

Return to “Beginner Questions”