Cinnamon YouTube Lag Problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
M3TAT3RR0R

Cinnamon YouTube Lag Problem

Post by M3TAT3RR0R »

Hello, I am currently using Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon and I am really happy with it.
However, one issue that I cannot seem to find a solution for is the problem of YouTube input field lag.
The first part of this issue only occurs if I am watching a video and try to search for something at the top search bar.
I am able to get some search suggestions but the text in the search field stays the same and I cannot see what I am typing.
The second part occurs when I try to leave a comment on a video.
I am not able to see what I am typing, and I am only able to after I switch to another open tab.
I have read elsewhere that others have been having issues with video playback, I have been having no issues at all.
However, I still updated Flash just for the heck of it.
It did nothing, as expected.
I am currently using Google Chrome.
Thanks for any help that you can offer.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that highlighting text has a similar issue.
I cannot see what I am highlighting, however, what I highlighted was still detected and can be pasted into an input field.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cecar

Re: Cinnamon YouTube Lag Problem

Post by cecar »

Open up a Terminal and start google chrome with this argument.

Code: Select all

google-chrome --disable-bundled-ppapi-flash
If that helps you can edit the menu shortcut and start chrome with that argument.
M3TAT3RR0R

Post by M3TAT3RR0R »

cecar wrote:Open up a Terminal and start google chrome with this argument.

Code: Select all

google-chrome --disable-bundled-ppapi-flash
If that helps you can edit the menu shortcut and start chrome with that argument.
Sweet. That solved the issue.
That was extremely helpful.
Thank you very much.
cecar

Post by cecar »

No problem.

Glad i could help.

Return to “Beginner Questions”