Cooling Fan on Laptop running mint.

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Cooling Fan on Laptop running mint.

Postby ajthegeek on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to linux mint, however not to linux in general. I have run multiple versions of linux, but this is my favorite. Ok, heres the problem: I am running linux mint on the MATE desktop envirorment on a HP Compaq tc4400. Ever since I installed mint, my fan has been running non stop, except when it is turned off. If you restart it, it never stops, just keeps going until booted, and even then it continues. It does it when the lid is closed. I have tried adjusting the settings with multiple configurations. It is always hot and burns my desk, so I keep it off as much as I can. I have tried everything, and I am a geek, as my username implies, so I am able to fix most things. However, knowing many of you are bigger geeks, I leave it up to you! This one is a real stumper. When I close the lid, it never stops as well, even though I have tried multiple setting configurations as to what it is to do when it goes to sleep. It is not the lid sensor, as the display goes off, so I really have no clue. Thanks in advance. :? :)
AJ
ajthegeek
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Hardware Support