How to turn off vertical sync?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bigboss

How to turn off vertical sync?

Post by bigboss »

This is a simple question. How to turn off vertical sync on linux Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: How to turn off vertical sync?

Post by Orbmiser »

Why? As is hardware function of monitor and required for monitor to work as designed.

You don't seem to understand that turning it off is only going burn your hard ware faster with no gain at all. If your monitor is 60Hz then it CAN NOT display over 60 frames per second. If you turn off Vsync a FPS tracing program will detect above sixty FPS because that's what's being generated by the graphic card however it won't look any different on the monitor at all.

A simple google search would have answered your question.
https://www.google.com/search?q=monitor+turn+off+vsync
bigboss

Post by bigboss »

Just tell me where are the options for it and I ll get back my options if something goes worst...
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Using default drivers I don't know. Using proprietary divers there should be a control center settings gui like nvidia has which might have the ability to do that. But not familiar enough with those or editing xorg files.

Need to google linux your video card and turn off vsync and see what pops up.
And you want get that much help here making demands in that kind of tone.
bigboss

Post by bigboss »

Look man I dont want to make any demands, I just dont have good feeling for english, sorry and thanks...

Return to “Software & Applications”