Hello to all

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scrazen

Hello to all

Post by scrazen »

I have been a fan of Linux Mint for quite a while. I used to use Ubuntu until they started adding weird stuff and Unity was just my final straw with it. I then found Mint, tried it, and fell in love. I've used Mint for a few years now as a secondary OS on my computer. I tried Windows 8 for a few weeks and to be honest, I hated it. It cannot decide what it is a tablet or a PC and it confusingly switches between the two. The disappointing Windows 8 and the current release of Steam for Linux finally pushed me over the tipping point and I am now a full time Linux Mint user. I will be missing a lot of my games but I have a PS3 so I'll just buy games for it instead of for PC until Steam gets more games integrated into it for Linux.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Hello to all

Post by caf4926 »

Great news
Another person with common sense
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Welcome and yep was an Ubuntuian back in 2006-2008 but left as lack of photography editing apps for my work.

Last month I read about darktable & RawTherapee and decided maybe time to come back and give it a whirl.
Tried the Ubuntu Unity Cringing the Whole Time and Hated Apps menus all the way up in the left taskbar Really?

So started to hunt and was easy as Mint kept popping up all over read the reviews and down Mate & Cinnamon.
Now a Happy camper and Cinnamon 14 has me feeling right about the world. Tho still sadden by the lack of progress in CD/DVD burning suites. Tho Video Editing seems to be coming along with Open Shotl and soon Oscar Winning Lightworks Video editor which is alpha and also a windows version came first.

So Exciting times ahead for me and will see how it goes as looks Bright & Rosy
scrazen

Post by scrazen »

It seems that caf4926 has found both of my posts on this forum. :lol: And hello to you too, Orbmiser. I'm not too into the video editing scene, but I have been very happy as a beginning software programmer on Linux. I'm still testing to see what programming environment I like the best. Eclipse with the android SDK is a must. I was also really exited at how I didn't have to mess with drivers to get my android devices connected.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi scrazen, welcome aboard :D You can also get some indie games for Linux, some of which are very good. Check sites like http://www.desura.com/, http://www.indievania.com/, and https://www.humblebundle.com/ (though the current bundle isn't for Linux, they release a bundle of games frequently and usually those all run on Linux also), just to name a few.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard

PS.
visited a friend who is an M$ engineer at the weekend, even he admitted that for pure computing Linux was the best OS but if you want games M$ has it sewn up.. and he said don't bother with mac too expensive and not as good as Linux.....

what could i say!!
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :P

It has been such a joy for me to program on Linux; if I use windows, I'm not half as productive (as far as programming is concerned). As far as gaming is concerned, more and more developers are starting to support Linux, and I am eager to see where gaming on Linux goes in the future.
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”