Mini edition?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JAK
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Mini edition?

Post by JAK »

There hasn't been much action on this thread. Should I go on with my life assuming this is a dead issue? I would very much like to see a Mint version that is stripped to the bone and efficient enough for older computers. I think "TinyMe 2008", a derivative of of PCLinuxOS 2007 hit the nail on the head. It would be great to have a Mint/Ubuntu/Debian version of what TinyMe has become.

When looking for such a flavor of Linux one comes across a lot of chatter about many people wanting the same thing. Apparently, there are a lot of older computers out there that people would rather recycle into something useful rather than to toss it to the curb for garbage pickup.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JAK
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JAK »

BlahBlah_X wrote:This isn't dead, it is up and coming for the Elyssa edition.

I have a mostly finished version now circulating through the mint team testers, but it is not quite ready for public use.
NICE! Thanks for the update. I am very much looking forward to seeing that. I have a 7-year old laptop that needs something light, but I want to stay within the Debian/Ubuntu/Mint repos.

Do you have a name for it yet?
khai
Level 1
Level 1

Post by khai »

What's going on with this great project?
No rushing just wishing to hear, that it's not dead :)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”