Mint 14 not remembering settings

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MattDobson

Mint 14 not remembering settings

Post by MattDobson »

Hey guys,

I have a couple day old install of Mint 14 and am having a couple minor but highly annoying issues. First off, everytime I close Firefox I have to click the "Do not ask again next time" box which reminds me about multiple Firefox tabs being open, I have encountered this on earlier Mint installs as well. The other one is that Audacious player seems to be resetting itself on every reboot, I have to re-enable all the plugins everytime I restart Audacious.

Anyone else having these minor problems and any ideas how to fix them?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MattDobson

Re: Mint 14 not remembering settings

Post by MattDobson »

Anyone?
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

Are you attributing a fault to LinuxMint for something that is happening in Firefox and Audacious?

The default procedure in Firefox when you have multiple tabs open is to shut down each tab before closing Firefox. If you do not want Firefox to remind you that you have tabs left open you can disable that in Edit, Preferences, Tabs.

Regarding Audacious, try the Audacious Wiki.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
eco2geek
Level 1
Level 1

Post by eco2geek »

The fix to the incessant Firefox multiple tab reminder problem can be found in this thread. Short version: Go to about:config and make sure the values for "browser.tabs.warnOnClose" and "browser.warnOnQuit" are both set to "false".

I have not observed the behavior from Audacious that you describe.
Are you attributing a fault to LinuxMint for something that is happening in Firefox...?
My guess is that, since I haven't seen this particular behavior in Firefox (or Debian's Iceweasel) in any of the distros I've played with recently (including Kubuntu, Xubuntu, PCLinuxOS, Hanthana Linux, Fedora 18 beta, Vector Linux, Debian, and openSUSE, among others), yes, one could reasonably attribute this behavior to the way Firefox is configured in Linux Mint. Don't take it personally.

Return to “Beginner Questions”