Browsers Roll up when using Mouse wheel

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Browsers Roll up when using Mouse wheel

Postby Lone.Wolf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi, I recently installed LinuxMint 13 XFCE. Everything has gone well except for this one quirk. When I have a browser open and if I spin the mouse wheel fast or move the mouse up real quick the window rolls up into the header and I can not get to come back down other then close it and reopening it. I have used numerous distro's in the past with out this issue. Yes I can just go slow but it is a habit so... This isn't a show stopper for me but more of a nusance.

I did do a search but none of the results came back like the issue I'm experiencing so if nothing else at least it gets documented.

I currently have both Firefox and Chrome installed and it does it with either one of them. I have not had the problem with other application windows just the browsers.

-Computer-
Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+
Memory : 3308MB (1294MB used)
Operating System : Linux Mint 13 Maya
-Display-
Resolution : 1280x1024 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : GeForce 210/PCIe/SSE2
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation

The mouse is a Logitech m705 wireless.

Thanks
Lone.Wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Browsers Roll up when using Mouse wheel

Postby Orbmiser on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Did you check in Cinnamon Settings>Windows and Cinnamon Settings>Effects?
Also check you mouse sliders in System Settings>Mouse

Would be a start I think.
Orbmiser
Level 7
Level 7

Postby Lone.Wolf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have played around with the mouse settings but not the window's setting so I will check them.
Lone.Wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jjaythomas on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Not sure if whats happening the same thing?

On mine (I use a trackball) the scroll wheel is also a pushable (3rd) button (I believe most mice are that way also). When I scroll fast with the scroller I tend to press down (inadvertently :roll: ) that activates the 3rd button function. A 3rd button by default is usually mapped as rither a 'roll up' or 'maximize' window command. You usually turn off in preferences>window manager.

or sometimes in mouse setting or keyboard shorcuts (sorry not in Xfce Mint rigt now).

Maybe :wink:
J.Jay
jjaythomas
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Lone.Wolf on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:26 pm

jjaythomas wrote:Not sure if whats happening the same thing?

On mine (I use a trackball) the scroll wheel is also a pushable (3rd) button (I believe most mice are that way also). When I scroll fast with the scroller I tend to press down (inadvertently :roll: ) that activates the 3rd button function. A 3rd button by default is usually mapped as rither a 'roll up' or 'maximize' window command. You usually turn off in preferences>window manager.

or sometimes in mouse setting or keyboard shorcuts (sorry not in Xfce Mint rigt now).

Maybe :wink:
J.Jay

Thanks for the reply Jay.

That does sound what I'm experiencing but I have been through the settings numerous times and have yet to find a setting that controls this behavior. I have how ever figured out how to roll them back down. My Linux experience has been with KDE & Gnome 2, this is my first actual installed XFCE on a production machine.

Thanks Bill
Lone.Wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Return to XFCE