from Debian servers to Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

from Debian servers to Mint

Postby chadp on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:19 am

I know its prolly been mentioned somewhere before, but I wanted to know if there are any community efforts to strip the Mint installation.

'Ubuntu Alternate - Command Line Install' was my best friend (although I usually stuck to the LTS releases). Does Mint work without XServer installed? I didn't know if there is even a little interest in such a thing. If there is, please point me in the right direction.

Although when Im feeling lazy, Cinnamon does give me a wonderful feeling inside :)
chadp
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: from Debian servers to Mint

Postby dalcde on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:00 am

I guess not.

What's the difference between Ubuntu and Mint without the GUI things, anyway?
dalcde
Level 4
Level 4

Re: from Debian servers to Mint

Postby kwisher on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 am

chadp wrote:I know its prolly been mentioned somewhere before, but I wanted to know if there are any community efforts to strip the Mint installation.

'Ubuntu Alternate - Command Line Install' was my best friend (although I usually stuck to the LTS releases). Does Mint work without XServer installed? I didn't know if there is even a little interest in such a thing. If there is, please point me in the right direction.

Although when Im feeling lazy, Cinnamon does give me a wonderful feeling inside :)

Wouldn't Ubuntu Server or Debian without a DE be the same thing? Why would the Mint team want to devote resources for a non-gui distro?
The instructions suggested Windows XP or better, so I installed Linux :)
kwisher
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Chat about Linux Mint