compiz desktop zoom broken?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sroske

compiz desktop zoom broken?

Post by sroske »

I really miss compiz's zoom feature. <super> <scroll mouse>. It's my favorite compiz feature. Is anyone else having trouble with LMDE 64 Mint 13? I can't figure out if there is conflict, or what. I've disabled everything in compiz to just try the zoom, and it won't work. I'm questioning if I even know what I am doing (obviously not). So, I've been trying various zooms to get _any_ to work. No luck.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GeneC

Re: compiz desktop zoom broken?

Post by GeneC »

sroske
LMDE 64 Mint 13

?? Its either Mint 13 (Ubuntu based), or LMDE(Debian based)..??
Compiz only works with XFCE or Mate desktops, not Cinnamon or Gnome-Shell.

Do you have the right one checked (there are two). One for the actual desktop to zoom.
(It works for me on LMDE/XFCE)

Code: Select all

gene@zordon:~$ apt-cache policy compiz
compiz:
  Installed: 0.8.4-5.2
  Candidate: 0.8.4-5.2
  Version table:
 *** 0.8.4-5.2 0
        500 http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

This one.
(click to enlarge)

And the one two lines down that actually zooms the desktop cube.

EDIT:
Sorry, I was wrong on that one.... :oops: ... :lol:
They both seem to work on zooming the desktop.
Last edited by GeneC on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

About compiz, so moving topic here.
sroske

Post by sroske »

Sorry, I am running LMDE 64-- the Debian version. I had XFCE running on here, but it didn't work well with AMD Catalyst control centre for my video card. I still can't get my dual monitors to work as I like, but I will make a separate post on that issue another time.

I would like to the get Compiz Zoom to work. I'm getting a weird bug. Yes, I'm running in MATE, and I'm glad to learn there is a difference between Cinnamon and MATE regarding the Zoom feature.

Now, when I activate the Zoom, and reload the Window Manager. My mouse scrolls off my main screen to the left. Luckily my second monitor is on the left and I can get access to Compiz on there (after ctrl F4 to close the Settings Manager on the first monitor) So, I disable the zoom feature and can use my mouse again on my main screen. Weird, huh?

Anyway, the Zoom doesn't work in Mate. Do you all recommend I give XFCE another try to see if the issues will be corrected?

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”