[SOLVED] UserMangement Cinnamon- Feature Request

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
matthewe

[SOLVED] UserMangement Cinnamon- Feature Request

Post by matthewe »

Hi
I was typing up my question and found my answer by chance.

Using Cinnamon.

My request is that when creating new users the next step is NOT account disabled by default. It took me a while to find that clicking the words ellicited a drop down list. I thought it was a bug as there was no visual cue. I ended up going back to the CLI to create the accounts.
Once I discovered that it was clickable, I can see how well it is designed. I love that I can set it so that new users can choose their own password - Very Good feature. But its not obvious, so I suggest that it there is some visual cue and/or that the default is to set a password on user creation. Setting to disabled is not logical - i have just created a user - why would it be disabled. : )
Last edited by matthewe on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: UserMangement Cinnamon- Feature Request

Post by xenopeek »

User Accounts is a GNOME project application (package: gnome-control-center). I don't think the Cinnamon developers will have the time to rework much more GNOME project applications (Cinnamon and Nemo are workload enough). You could perhaps suggest it to the GNOME project, though I haven't found an obvious place to make user suggestions with them.
matthewe

Re: UserMangement Cinnamon- Feature Request

Post by matthewe »

Thanks Vincent

I knew that this was the right place to ask. : )

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”