KDE 12 4.7.4 upgrade

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phoenix40uk

KDE 12 4.7.4 upgrade

Post by phoenix40uk »

HI All:

I have Mint KDE12 32 bit installed and am looking to update KDE from 4.7.4 to 4.8.x.

I have run all updates and the added the backports ppa

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

but even after that KDE is still at 4.7.4 and there are no outstanding updates.

Can anyone help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wlake

Re: KDE 12 4.7.4 upgrade

Post by wlake »

As I understand it the backports ppa only has packages for precise and quantal. Since you are not running either one, nothing will be picked up. Also I think the backports ppa is in the 4.4.9x category not 4.4.8x.
phoenix40uk

Post by phoenix40uk »

Ah! So I have no way of upgrading KDE from 4.7.4 in Mint12? Other than upgrading fo a later version of mint?
wlake

Post by wlake »

Well, if you want to take a chance you can alter the kubuntu backports on your distro to say precise or quantal. This can be done through synaptic or the command line. If you open synaptic and look at the repositories, I would guess yours says oneiric for kubuntu backports. If you change this to say precise and update then you would update to what KDE version is in the precise backports. You can go to https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/backports to see what is there

Return to “Software & Applications”