Linux Mint 14 - flash not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dempom

Linux Mint 14 - flash not working

Post by dempom »

I've been using Linux Mint 14 in VirtualBox for some time and have not run into problems playing flash videos.

However, when I recently install LM 14 on a desktop, I was surprised to find flash videos and websites that rely upon flash not properly loading. Currently, when I load a youtube video, the video area shows up as a black box. No ~"plugin missing" message is displayed.

Any ideas on where I should look first? Some of the older threads I found were referring to older versions of Linux Mint.

EDIT: solved

I kept poking around and tried downgrading to mint-flashplugin-10.2 and it worked.

Anyone know why this would be?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rsrausch

Re: Linux Mint 14 - flash not working [Your fix worked for m

Post by rsrausch »

I don't know the answer to your question about why downgrading to Flash 10.2 would work, but wanted to thank you for your post as I was having the same problem under Nadia KDE (going to You Tube in Firefox, the area where the video should be would white out and the video would not load or play), and downgrading to mint-flashplugin-10.2 fixed my problem, too. Thank you!

Return to “Sound”