Via graphic problem on live boot

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
enea009

Via graphic problem on live boot

Post by enea009 »

Hello,
I hope someone can help me to boot Mint 14 from usb.
I have Fujitsu Amilo Li 1705 with via chrome graphic card. When i boot Mint a black screen apper after Linux Mint loading screen. At this point i can not do anything. Ctrl+Alt+F1 or other similar command does not work.
I have tried with i915.modeset=1 or =0 ,with nomodset, with driver=intel, with vga=1024x768x16, with xforcevesa. Nothing. The only change is that when booting with xforcevesa after Linux Mint loading screen the black screen come and go. At this point i can only restart with Ctrl+Alt+Del. With vga=1280x800x32 the screen changes from black to white and freez.

As i see is a graphic issue. Can someone suggest me what other command can i use on boot??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Via graphic problem on live boot

Post by xenopeek »

Specifically that model laptop has a VIA VN896 chipset with integrated VIA Chrome9 HC graphics. This may be of some use: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome. Note that the xserver-xorg-video-openchrome comes installed on the Linux Mint installation ISOs. That's the open source driver referred to in the linked article, and as noted there you also have an option to install a proprietary driver. But that won't help you to boot now, as you first need to install Linux Mint before you can do that.

You may have better success with Linux Mint 13, and I'd recommend MATE or Xfce (as these have no 2d or 3d hardware acceleration requirements on the default install, unlike Cinnamon and KDE). Also, try compatibility mode from the boot menu (press a key during the 10 second count down, then select the second entry in the menu).

I've moved your post here as I think your problem is specific about this IGP, and hopefully here you can get more pointed advice on it.
enea009

Post by enea009 »

Thanks for your suggestion.
selamatbobo

Post by selamatbobo »

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this ? same issue trying to install Mint 14 XFCE...

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”