I installed Mint 14 recently and I have a weird issue with the audio volume controls. It seems like the scale on the volume slider is totally off. If I slide it all the way to the left the audio is completely silent as you'd expect, but when I slide it only a tiny bit to the right (like a couple of pixels) then the audio is immediately at full volume. And sliding it further to the right makes no change to the audio levels after that.
This happens when I use the volume slider of the sound app in the panel, but also if I open the Sound application and adjust the Output Volume slider there. In either case I'm at full volume when the slider is only at like 2% and then for the remaining 98% of the bar the audio volume just stays identical.
Does anyone recognize this problem and know any solution for it? It's really annoying because it means my audio basically only has 3 settings: completely silent, kind of quiet, and incredibly loud. There's no way to adjust it to anything inbetween those.