need the 2 files that come in the documents folder when load

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zen

need the 2 files that come in the documents folder when load

Post by zen »

I am a total noob to linux and mint - tried ubuntu for the last 3 days and had to install 3 times just installed mint this afternoon and evening and I am having no sound and also no wireless. see posts for wireless and sound in wireless section.

I deleted the folder called documents that had the minti wifi and another document. the only way I can get it is to install...not trying to now.

can anyone send me both the files in the document folder that comes upon install.

email at: linux3mint at yahoo dot com

thank you - and any help to my problems would be appreciated beyond belief.

way toomany issues without a fix in ubuntu. the resoltion worked great on Mint - but I have to get the wireless and sound together.

thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

In Terminal:

Code: Select all

cd
rm -rf .linuxmint
Then restart X.

Clem
zen

Post by zen »

Hi Clem - thanks but not sure what to do. I copy and it all gfoes on one line the text that is.

I have not been able to figure out how to get the cursor to the next line as stupid as that sounds. I paste the whole command as you worte it out and it all goes into 1 line. I try separate things and I get a wrong bash command or some sort.

I am here and will be before the storms get bad and I have to go offline. I also have to take my dogs out briefly - but I am here to straighten this out.

thank you ...what am I doing with this command?

Thank you - Norman
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

go to accessories->Terminal
then in terminal type the first command
cd
then press enter, and then enter the second command :)
rm -rf .linuxmint
zen

Post by zen »

hairy palms =OK I did it I got the files back thanks you two!

seriously though, how do I get the cursor to the next line in terminal? I need to start learning this stuff.

2nd question: will the ubuntu hacks and the ubuntu unleashed books that I just bought still be useful for mint since it is based on ubuntu?

thank you!!! I appreciate the help - if you could get over to the wirless area and help me with the wireless and mu no sound problem I'd appreciate it more than you could believe!

:-)))
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

just finished posting the wireless area :)

the terminal only has one line at a time. if someone posts two lines it means enter each line in turn

and yea ubuntu books should be 99% applicable to mint.
zen

Post by zen »

thank you - will check that area now.

also...i did not find the card with the pci ID but it had the same broadcom airforce4318 for the driver....not sure if that is the correct one and how to unsip or what ever process is the correct for the .exe file in terminal...
thank you so much you guys are much better than the ubuntu forums although they have more activity...thank you - I feel like I found a home here!

:-)))

Return to “Other topics”