Newb Linux User

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Miller6386

Newb Linux User

Post by Miller6386 »

Hello all!!!!

I am VERY new to Linux. I am very good with Windows but am getting in to Android Development. Mainly building and themeing custom ROMS and feel that Linux is a better way of doing that.... I am learning slowly but feel I will become just as good with Linux as I am with Windows... I am hoping to to rid myself of Windows all together, BUT I also own and operate a graphics shop and my main program runs from Windows' (Flexisgn 8.6) and also one of my main machines runs from a serial port and I have been told that can be an issue with Linux..... I will most likely end up installing Windows in a virtual machine for that end of it..... I am running Mint with Cinnamon 14.1 at the moment and have it dual booting on my laptop... I am going to build a system solely for Android Devving very soon and haven't found out what exactly I want to run on it... I know it will be 100% Linux just deciding on a build that will be best for me.... I also plan on running at least 2 monitors to help with workflow.... I have a few things I am looking for but haven't found the proper way of putting it into words so as I find images I will save them and post them with my questions.... I am very excited to be here and am looking forward to learning all I can...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Newb Linux User

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome aboard :D
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :P
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”