Mint 14 Cinammon 64bit - Screenshot app and AMD-Displaydrive

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MarkusMintus
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 14 Cinammon 64bit - Screenshot app and AMD-Displaydrive

Post by MarkusMintus »

Hi,
I am running Mint 14_64bit - cinammon as a Desktop with a AMD Radeon 7850 graphics card.

I know that Mint 13 cinammon has issues with the screenshot app in combination with the fglrx drivers. Basically if you take
screenshots you dont get the picture that is currently displayed, but some older picture out of some video buffer. The issue is discussed here:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=103522
and here:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=115024

Unfortunatly the issue is still the same in Mint 14! If I use the proprietary drivers then the screenshot app is not working.
If I use the open source driver then the screenhot app IS WORKING as expected, but then video replay of large, hi-res
video files is slow or choppy (even in VLC with hardware acceleration switched on in the codec-preferences)

Any ideas how I could get both things (screenshots and smooth video replay) working?
Thanks for your help!
Markus

p.s. the video drivers fglrx, fglrx_updates, and open source where all installed with the mint tool - software sources.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MarkusMintus
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 14 Cinammon 64bit - Screenshot app and AMD-Displayd

Post by MarkusMintus »

Well, no answers ... I have changed to MATE in the meantime and there both things (smooth video and screenshots are working)
Shame really, because I liked CINNAMON a lot :(

Return to “Hardware Support”