UPDATE PACK 6 FEEDBACK THREAD

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rcrath

Re: UPDATE PACK 6 FEEDBACK THREAD

Post by rcrath »

Hi, took the jump. really liking the new cinnamon and will check to see if keyboard shortcuts are fixed. re dropbox and nemo: uninstalling dropbox worked fine. the nemo dropbox extension works great, even getting the custom overlays, and my 100 gigs of dropbox files were untraumatized by the switch.

I removed nautilus, hoping to make switching to nemo simpler. I had tried out a bunch of other file mgrs when nautilus went through the latest round of impprovements but had taken them all out except pcmanfm. When I download a file in firefox and right click on the file in the downloads page and choose open folder, pcman came up instead of nautilus. uninstalled pcman hoping nemo would be next in the queue, but after removing pcman, "open containing folder" opened nothing, with no action. finally deleted the mimeTypes.rdf file in my firefox config, and that fixed it, along with any custom mimetypes I had. retried "open in containing folder" and got a menu to choose an app and chose /usr/bin/xdg-open and all seems fine now. I know there are various locations that X looks for to open folders and so forth, but I could not track down the location of whatever firefox was using. Not sure if this is something that can be fixed in lmde or if it is an upstream prob, but it seems, nemo needed to butt to the front of the line somewhere and didn't.
grraf

Post by grraf »

All went well for my xfce lmde64(enabled multiarch as instructed by software manager), no broken packages and no abnormal events so far, naturally wine was the only thing that broke down that isn't much of a shock :lol: (extra details given in the chat thread for up6)
Any ways heres my inxi output:
Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Distro Linux Mint Xfce Edition
CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 540 (-HT-MCP-) cache 4096 KB flags (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips 12316.8
Clock Speeds: (1) 1200.00 MHz (2) 1200.00 MHz (3) 1200.00 MHz (4) 1200.00 MHz
Graphics: Card NVIDIA GF104 [GeForce GTX 460] X.Org 1.12.4 Res: 1024x768@75.0hz
GLX Renderer GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.48 Direct Rendering Yes
Audio: Card-1 NVIDIA GF104 High Definition Audio Controller driver snd_hda_intel BusID: 05:00.1
Card-2 Intel 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio driver snd_hda_intel BusID: 00:1b.0
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.24
Network: Card Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller driver r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI at port d800 BusID: 01:00.0
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

I've upgraded LMDE KDE and it's doing well, and I've upgraded to Cinnamon 1.6.7 and other packages from the incoming section of the packages.linuxmint.com on my Testing install, which also worked fine. I have an Optimus Graphics Card, and Bumblebee works fine with this UP.

The only other request I have is for skype to be updated to 4.x, but that's a wishlist thing.
rcrath

Post by rcrath »

In Cinnamon, with the lower panel set to transparent, there is a backwards-L-shaped border on several but not all of my systray app indicators, specifically, on glippy, the shutter, and synapse icons.

mockturtl

Post by mockturtl »

gnome-control-center shows blank "lid" options for my desktop box. IIRC, that row was previously hidden.

cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

rcrath wrote:In Cinnamon, with the lower panel set to transparent, there is a backwards-L-shaped border on several but not all of my systray app indicators, specifically, on glippy, the shutter, and synapse icons.

I also experience this, although IIRC it's a Cinnamon issue rather than an LMDE issue (I've had it happen on Mint 14 and 13). I hide all of the notification icons I can.
Frannoe

Post by Frannoe »

[Edit: as shown in Frannoe's blog the issue was a corrupt file http://lmde-frannoe.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... 4193830483 ]

I am a faithful follower of LMDE and I have a blog fully dedicated to him.
Thank you very much for the great work that the team performs Mint
Bug?:
Do not know if it's a mistake, now MDM only supports GDM themes.
This makes no sense.
It would make sense that supports both GDM and MDM, but not only GDM
If you intend to move forward with MDM, no sense that does not support their own Themes...

Thank!!
Last edited by Frannoe on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for clarification
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Bad news !

I just opened my computer... Nemo did not start. I was obliged to start it by myself.
Clem I though this bug was over ?
Frannoe

Post by Frannoe »

Sorry zerozero, the user at the blog makes references to Plymouth Show boot Splash, not to MDM.

There is not even one that supports MDM Manager ?: http://linuxmint-art.org/index.php?xcontentmode=8311
You can see for yourself that are not installable themes MDM.
But yes GDM themes are installable, you can check with the themes from here: http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xsortmo ... 150&page=2

Thanks
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

MDM was very new and very few "MDM" themes were out at that stage so we decided to switch back to GDM themes since they're almost exactly the same and there's a huge collection of them out there.

PS: Thanks everyone for your feedback, UP6 is going to latest.

Return to “LMDE Archive”