Mint 14 & MS Wireless keyboard 6000 v2.0 / Wireless mouse

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Klitias

Mint 14 & MS Wireless keyboard 6000 v2.0 / Wireless mouse

Post by Klitias »

I've been using MS wireless keyboard 6000 v2.0 and wireless mouse 5000 v1.0 without any problem. I have a dual boot system (windows 7 - linux mint).

Since I upgraded mint from 13 to 14 (tried also 14.1), keyboard and mouse don't function properly. After a few minutes or a couple of hours sometimes, both keyboard and mouse disappear. The only thing I can do is unplug the usb receiver from pc usb slot. After some time, same thing happens again.
I don't want to change my keyboard/mouse since I know that it is a mint 14 issue (both windows 7 and mint 13 work perfectly).

Any ideas?

:?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Klitias

Re: Mint 14 & MS Wireless keyboard 6000 v2.0 / Wireless mous

Post by Klitias »

Some say I should downgrade kernel to 3.2.0-33-generic. Should I do that and if so, is there a safe guide for that change?
Klitias

Post by Klitias »

Do we have any info about the importance of the BIOS settings below?
Could one or some them cause my usb wireless keyb/mouse malfunction?

1. Advanced PCI/PnP Settings
Plug n Play O/S [No]

2. USB Configuration
USB Function [Enabled]
USB 2.0 Controller [Enabled]
USB 2.0 Controller Mode [Enabled]
BIOS EHCI Hand-Off [Enabled]
Legacy USB Support [Auto]
Klitias

Post by Klitias »

Since I have no answer yet, I have to go back to Mint 13. Everything works perfectly in Mint 13.
I guess I'll never find the answer to my wireless keyboard/mouse mint 14 issue. I feel sorry for that , 'cause I've always said what a great support I've found in mint forums... I'm not sure any more. Keyboard n mouse issues are elementary for a computer system. And, I never believed that a newer mint version could bring such a strange problem. Always thought newer is better. Not anymore...

Thank you...
Klitias

Post by Klitias »

Just a thought:

Is it just me that I have ms wireless keyboard n Mouse or, even worse, is it just me that I face such a strange problem using them under Mint 14?

:)
Klitias

Post by Klitias »

I know, some people think that my continuous messages are annoying. I keep posting because I am sure that the ms keyboard/mouse problem has a very simple solution. If only the right person read my posts... It is so hard to believe that I can't use mint 14.1 because of MS keyboard & Mouse...

Waiting for your help!

:) :) :)
Klitias

Post by Klitias »

I don't believe that one month and a day after my first post, I still can't have mint 14 on my pc due to wireless keyboard n mouse issues...

Should I Reconsider?
Klitias

Post by Klitias »

Do we have any news about why keyboard 'n mouse of the post title stop responding on mint 14 while there is no problem with them on mint 13?

Klitias

Post by Klitias »

Klitias wrote:Do we have any news about why keyboard 'n mouse of the post title stop responding on mint 14 while there is no problem with them on mint 13?

No news, is bad news...

:(

I am ok with my current mint 13 64bit installation, but I'd like to to be able to install newer mint editions...
Klitias

Post by Klitias »

Latest news from the western front...

I've installed ubuntu 13.04 and the problem still stays on... So, probably, same thing on mint 15.
I've almost decided to get a new wireless destop set (keyb & mouse). Let's hope it'll function properly.

Any suggestions on which desktop sets work with no problems using linux mint?
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Check if it is happening because of auto suspend...

[url]http://fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/how-to-prevent-a-usb-mouse-auto-suspending-in-linux-when-a-laptops-power-supply-is-disconnected/[/url]

Return to “Hardware Support”