Can I use mouse scroll to switch workspaces on Cinnamon?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
endeavornet

Can I use mouse scroll to switch workspaces on Cinnamon?

Post by endeavornet »

In Ubuntu I was able to use the compiz settings tool to map the horizontal mouse scroll to switch workspaces. Is that possible in Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mouse Shortcuts

Post by xenopeek »

Perhaps you should include which desktop environment you are using (or are going to use on Linux Mint) and whether or not you have installed Compiz on it (or intend to do so).
endeavornet

Re: Mouse Shortcuts

Post by endeavornet »

Sorry, I forgot to add that info. I'm using Mint 14 with the Cinnamon environment. I haven't installed compiz and hadn't planned to.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Can I use mouse scroll to switch workspaces on Cinnamon?

Post by xenopeek »

Okay, Compiz doesn't work on Cinnamon so no sense in installing it. I've moved your topic to the Cinnamon forum and updated your topic subject to reflect the new information you have. Hopefully somebody else can pitch in with an answer on this one.
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

Try this extension: cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/extensions/view/17
Hope it helps you :)
endeavornet

Post by endeavornet »

abnvolk,

Thank you for the suggestion. I installed it and modified it to look for direction 2 and 3 instead of 0 and 1. That way I could use the horizontal scroll. It worked fine. I'd still like to find a way to do it without having to move the mouse to a screen edge first, but this will work for now.

Thank you again for the help.

Return to “Cinnamon”